The story of Kanpur Dehat district, started when the state government split Kanpur district into two districts in Kanpur Nagar and Kanpur Dehat on April 23, 1981.
About 150 years ago Paragana was known as Akbarpur, Shahpur and Akbarpur Birbal. According to a report by the Montgomery in Kanpur district, Shahpur was named after Gudaikera. Sheetle Shukla of Emperor Akbar’s Diwan was mentioned in FN.Right’s book ‘Statical Descriptive and Historic Account’ published in 1878 and in the Gazette of Mount Gomari, it is mentioned that in Akbarpur, two ponds were built by Sheetal Shukla and Chhabba Kalar.
In ancient times, this town was very beautiful. Its population was 5485 in 1847. During the reign of Mughal Emperor Akbar, Risaldar Kunwar Singh, who was a Kshatriyas and possibly who built this new town, was changed from Gurikehera to ‘Akbarpur’. The name of this tehsil is also known as Shahpur-Akbarpur. Here is a beautiful and famous pond made by Aml Sheetal Shukla of Nawab Almas Ali Khan of Jehanabad. 7 persons were hanged by the British in a neem tree near the Shukla pond in Gadar of 1857. There was also a large fort which was demolished in the Gadar period and the tehsil was constructed at the same place which is known as the old tehsil.
Akbarpur has been established as the central city of Kanpur area before the establishment of the city of Kanpur. The efforts of all the ancient Central Powers were that Kannauj, Shivrajpur, Akbarpur should be connected to Delhi. But these cities succeeded in maintaining their separate existence. Among the exporters of land yield in the middle of Ganga and Yamuna, Akbarpur, Shivrajpur and Sikandra are the old towns. According to Janushuti, it has also been known as Lakshmipurava. It was taken over by the Kshatriyas in the tenth century. Due to the ruins created by robbers, it has also been called Guddikheda. According to the second story, it has been called Gudkikheda due to the people in the ancient city of Akbarpur, singing, singing and instruments of instruments. In some places somewhere in the form of a tradition, music songs are still heard in worship. Behind Akbarpur, there is a series of names of Gudikhhedra, Shahpur and Akbarpur. According to Shridhar Shastri Vimal, historian of Akbarpur, Bahadur Shah was sitting on the throne of Delhi from 1413 to 1451. His commander Mubarakshah looted the city in 1474 and killed the Kshatriya ruler in the name of suppressing the rebellion and named it Shahpur in his name. The coins of Bahadur Shah have been obtained in the excavation of the Jainpur Industrial Area. In the market area, the Parsi Sarai was constructed by the Sher Shah and arrangements were made for the first time by the postal delivery cavalry.